Monday, November 16, 2009

Sweet and Not So



Over the last weeks I've really been struck with E's sweetness and true desire to care for others. If I'm crying, she comforts me. If I hurt myself, again, she comforts me with genuine concern. It's amazing to watch her develop into a real little person, with real feelings that she can express in a tangible way.

Yesterday we were at lunch and I said my back was hurting. Immediately she said "Oh mommy it's okay." And started rubbing and scratching my back. It was so precious!


On to the not so- on the way home from lunch we were talking about her new sibling. She often insists it's a sister. Trying to help her with potential disappointment, I told her, it really might be a brother. She got really upset, almost to tears, saying "It's NOT a brother. I don't want a brother." Uh-oh. If it is a little brother at least she has 5 months to get used to the idea.

1 comment:

Debby said...

too funny about the brother! I can't wait to hear what you're having!!! And I, too, have been struck lately by how much Sarah has been coming into her own as a little girl. It truly is amazing watching them grow!