-1/4 c olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes (we used 2 tsp. just depends on your heat preference)
- 28 oz. petite diced tomatoes w/ garlic and olive oil
- 15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes w/ garlic and olive oil
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce- use about 3/4 of can
- salt to taste
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 box penne
- Cooked sliced chicken (optional)
*Heat oil over medium heat, add garlic, soften, stir often so it doesn't brown too much. Add pepper flakes and cook about 1 minute. Stir often.
*Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, and salt simmer about 15 min.
*Add chopped basil the last 5 min.
*Toss sauce, cooked penne and cooked chicken, garnish with fresh basil, serve with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Great w/ a Caesar Salad and some bread and olive oil on the side.
Source: www.allrecipes.com- though I modified it a little.