Friday, October 23, 2009

Capellini Pomodoro

This is one of my favorite light Italian dishes at restaurants. I've had a particular craving for it since being pregnant. I made it for the first time last night and kept asking J- "Why I have I never made this before?!" It was so good and so easy! Give it a try, it might become a new staple in your house.

-1/3 c olive oil
-8 medium fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced (I used roma)
-2 fresh cloves garlic, minced (adjust to your personal taste)
-1-2 oz. fresh basil
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 package angel hair pasta
-Cooked sliced chicken (optional)

*Warm olive oil in a skillet, brown garlic slightly. Add tomatoes and cook about 5 minutes- make sure they don't lose their shape. Remove from heat, stir in basil and chicken (if using.) Drain pasta and combine with sauce. Toss well. Serve with Parmesan. Garnish with more fresh basil. Enjoy!

*For the best flavor please use fresh ingredients- especially basil and garlic. Canned tomatoes are probably okay if you want to save time.

No comments: