If you know me well, you know I love salsa. And if you know me really well, you probably have "my" (actually J's mom's) fabulous salsa recipe. Came across this one the other day and it is also fab. Similar to the other, but maybe just a little better? Definitely tastes like Chili's- my favorite salsa. ever. Try it. You'll love it.
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can tomatoes and green chilies
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
4 teaspoons jalapenos (canned, diced, not pickled)
1/4 cup yellow onion (diced)
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar
and this is not on the recipe but we add:cilantro to taste
1. In food processor place jalapenos (optional) and onion and process for just a few seconds.
2. Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, cumin,cilantro and lime juice.
3. Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
4. Place in covered container and chill.
5. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!